Tuesday, October 20, 2015

NFL's Fastest Players

As with everything that NFL Films touches their NFL Top 10  program is terrific. The episodes appear regularly on NFL Network throughout the calendar year. The topics are great as is the commentary that makes up the heart of each episode. I caught the "Fastest Players" episode last week. Here are the results.

10. Chris Johnson
  9. Michael Vick
  8. Joey Galloway
  7. Cliff Branch
  6. Willie Gault
  5. Bo Jackson
  4. Randy Moss
  3. Deion Sanders
  2. Bob Hayes
  1. Darrell Green

It's hard to find fault with those ten players. The only problem that I have with this list is the order of the top 2. I figured that Darrell Green and Bob Hayes would top the list but only one of those two held the title "worlds fastest human." Winning the 100 meters at the 1964 Tokyo Olympics earned Hayes that title. And earning that title earns him the spot at the top of this list in my book. It sure would have been nice to see Hayes and Green settle this on the field, to see Green cover Hayes. I doubt that Green would have played about 10-15 yards off of Hayes like the corners of the 1960s did.

I was glad to see Randy Moss at #4. I'm not so sure that we ever saw Moss run as fast as he could. He always seemed to run as fast as he needed to run. He always seemed to have another gear. I always wondered if he had a gear, or more, that we never saw.

Devin Hester is a player that I thought could make this list. As a Minnesota Vikings fan there might not have been another football player that scared me more. It was difficult to watch any kickoff or punt that was heading to Hester. I don't think that I ever took a breath until he was safely on the sidelines. He was a nightmare. I thought that his movement and instant acceleration was frighteningly similar to that of Michael Vick.

I highly recommend each and every one of these 100+ NFL Top 10 episodes. They are a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment