Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Favorite Offseason Additions: NFC West

Offseason workouts are winding down across the NFL. The “long” wait for the start of training camp is about to begin. That makes this a fine time to take a look at some of my favorite offseason additions for each of the league’s 32 teams. Next up is the NFC West. 

Favorite Offseason Additions: NFC West

Arizona Cardinals
Darius Robinson, DL, first-round pick

Defensive line was, and still is, one of the biggest needs for the Minnesota Vikings. As such, I was looking at a lot of the draft’s defensive linemen. Byron Murphy II and Darius Robinson were easily my favorites. Perhaps it’s the Missouri connections but I saw a bit of Chris Jones in Robinson. That’s a very high bar but I believe that Robinson will be a very good player in the league for a long time. 

Los Angeles Rams
Blake Corum, RB, third-round pick

I watched a decent amount of Michigan games over the last couple of years. Mostly to watch J.J. McCarthy. It was hard not to notice and easy to like the tough, little running back. Blake Corum isn’t really little. At 5’8”, he’s just a little short. The Rams have a fast emerging running back in Kyren Williams. I think Corum is going to pair nicely with Williams.

San Francisco 49ers
Renardo Green, CB, second-round pick

Due to the Vikings needs at the position, cornerback was another position that was very much of interest. After Quinyon Mitchell and Terrion Arnold and a particular fondness for nickel corner Mike Sainristril, Renardo Green emerged as a favorite through the draft evaluation process. I hadn’t really seen Florida State play in recent years so Green was something of a revelation. He made me wish that the Vikings had a pick in the second round. 

Seattle Seahawks
Byron Murphy II, DL, first-round pick

Both of my favorite defensive linemen in the 2024 NFL Draft landed in the NFC West. With the talent on the roster and the addition of Mike Macdonald as head coach, the Seahawks have a very interesting defense. I really, really liked Byron Murphy II in the draft. I like him in Macdonald’s defense. I’d like him even better in Minnesota’s defense. 



No comments:

Post a Comment