Monday, June 10, 2024

Favorite Offseason Additions: NFC East

Offseason workouts are winding down across the NFL. The “long” wait for the start of training camp is about to begin. That makes this a fine time to take a look at some of my favorite offseason additions for each of the league’s 32 teams. Next up is the NFC East.

Favorite Offseason Additions: NFC East

Dallas Cowboys
Mike Zimmer, defensive coordinator

Even if the Cowboys had been active in free agency and had a miraculous draft, my favorite addition would probably still be Mike Zimmer. I really liked him as the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings. During his final season, things had turned sour throughout the building and it felt like he’d lost the team. It was the right decision to let him go but I hated to see it. Returning to where he started his NFL coaching career feels right. He might be the Cowboys head coach before the season’s over. 

New York Giants
Malik Nabers, WR, first-round pick

I’m just really glad this pick isn’t a first-round quarterback. The Giants really could’ve hacked up the Vikings draft day plans. This year’s draft had a trio of terrific receivers in Marvin Harrison Jr., Rome Odunze, and Malik Nabers. While Odunze was my favorite, all three should have excellent careers. If Daniel Jones becomes the quarterback the Giants need and want him to be, Nabers will be a big part of it.

Philadelphia Eagles
Quinyon Mitchell, CB, first-round pick

Quinyon Mitchell was my favorite corner in the draft. I wish that he’d gone to a different team. The Eagles don’t deserve players that I like.

Washington Commanders
Mike Sainristil, CB, second-round pick

If Quinyon Mitchell was my favorite corner in the draft, Mike Sainristil may have been my second favorite. He should soon be one of the best nickel corners in the league. 




No comments:

Post a Comment