Friday, June 14, 2024

Favorite Offseason Additions: AFC East

Offseason workouts are winding down across the NFL. The “long” wait for the start of training camp is about to begin. That makes this a fine time to take a look at some of my favorite offseason additions for each of the league’s 32 teams. Next up is the AFC East.

Favorite Offseason Additions: AFC East

Buffalo Bills
Keon Coleman, WR, second-round pick

I liked Keon Coleman going into the draft. I like him even more after seeing a bit of his personality since the draft. He’s going to be a lot of fun for the Bills, their fans, and the league.

Miami Dolphins
Patrick McMorris, S, sixth-round pick

Only one player from Cal was selected in the 2024 NFL Draft. Patrick McMorris was that player and he’s my favorite offseason addition of the Dolphins. 

New England Patriots
Drake Maye, QB, first-round pick

I liked Drake Maye in the draft. I think that I mostly liked him because it felt like the Vikings decision-makers really liked him. I’m glad that the Patriots selected him at #3 because that enabled the Vikings to select J.J. McCarthy at #10. McCarthy was my favorite and it preserved first-round picks this year and next year. 

New York Jets
Qwan’tez Stiggers, CB, sixth-round

Once I heard his unusual football story, Qwan’tez Stiggers emerged as a draft favorite. Small college to rookie stardom in the Canadian Football League to selection in the NFL Draft. Crazy. I believe that Stiggers will be, at least, a strong contributor in the league. 



No comments:

Post a Comment