Saturday, June 9, 2012

Magnificent

NFL Films is as magnificent as the art that they create. It was like walking through a dream. I even found shelves that are filled with Minnesota Vikings game film. Those shelves are empty now. The whole building is incredible. From Steve Sabol's decorating to the Ed Sabol theater. It's magic. The "board room" is filled with vintage football board games. As I expect to find the Pro Football Hall of Fame, NFL Films is a football heaven. Everything that NFL Films does is done in this building. Well, the games that are filmed are, of course, played at the respective stadiums but everything else is done at the magnificent Mt Laurel, NJ facility. It just looks like a fantastic place to work. Sal Palantonio said as much. Said how lucky he is to be able to enter the place everyday. I actually had a nice little debate with Mr. Palantonio over the Hall of Fame merits of former Vikings receiver Cris Carter. He thinks that Carter's overrated. I think that he's wrong. It was very nice. It was fun. The whole visit was fun. I want to go back. Lucky for me, I go back today. Looking forward to more of the same magnificent dreamy fun.

The greatest news of the day was hearing that Steve Sabol's health is improving. He's able to drive and even come into work a few times a week. Being at NFL Films can make anyone feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment