Monday, June 11, 2012

Football Vacations

In 1996, I had the opportunity to attend a college football clash between Michigan and Penn St at the Big House. Michigan Stadium. An amazing football experience. The difference in football knowledge between Midwest fans and the laid back west coast fans is striking. Just by listening to those around me, I learned a great deal about a freshman defensive back from Michigan named Charles Woodson. Little did I know then that this Woodson kid would become such a nightmare for Minnesota Vikings rookie quarterback Christian Ponder fifteen years later. After that Michigan-Penn St game I jetted back to California to attend the Minnesota Vikings-Oakland Raiders game on Sunday night. There I watched John Randle go nuts and a Vikings overtime win. A fantastic football weekend.

This weekend in Mt Laurel, NJ at NFL Films with football nerds like me is another fantastic football weekend. Just a whole bunch of fun. Perhaps the first time that I didin't send folks running with my thoughts on Camp, the Nesser family, Carr, Hinkle, Night Train and so many others. This was a weekend that never would have been possible without the incredible support of Mrs. Flicker. When I first learned of the location of this Pro Football Researchers Association meeting over six months ago, there was an interest. A spark. Mrs Flicker put it into action. Her support and understanding made it all possible. I can not thank her enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment