Offense:
Demond Claiborne, RB
After being a bit slowed by an injury earlier in camp, the rookie sixth-round pick is really starting to flash the reason the Vikings traded up, albeit in the sixth round, to secure him. That speed. Aaron Jones and Jordan Mason will get most of the carries. I believe that Demond Claiborne will play his way into some of those carries.
The Receivers
Myles Price
Tai Felton
Dontae Fleming
Jeshaun Jones
Dillon Bell
The Vikings trio at the top of Justin Jefferson, Jordan Addison, and Jauan Jennings is the best in the league. Tai Felton and Myles Price have been terrific in training camp and have probably secured roster spots. They should get some opportunities today. Dontae Fleming, Jeshaun Jones, and Dillon Bell are doing all they can to force the Vikings to keep six receivers.
Gavin Bartholomew, TE
As a sixth round pick last year, Gavin Bartholomew missed his rookie season with a back injury. He’s been a training camp standout. Hopefully, he continues the strong play today.
The Defensive Line
The Vikings defensive line is a fun group. I doubt that Jalen Redmond plays today. I’m not sure about Levi Drake Rodriguez. It might take tranquilizers to keep him off the field. Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins probably makes an appearance. The rest should play. I’m especially excited to see top picks Caleb Banks and Domonique Orange.
Jake Golday, LB
Drafted in the second round, Jake Golday has a lot on his plate as an off-the-ball linebacker and as an edge rusher. I hope he plays enough to see all of it.
Bengally Kamara, LB
An undrafted rookie, Bengally Kamara played well last week against the New York Giants. That opened some eyes. He has another chance to impress today.
Chuck Demmings, CB
I’m always excited to see Chuck Demmings.
The Thomas’
Jakobe Thomas, S
Jacob Thomas, S
Jakobe Thomas was drafted in the third round to be an early contributor. He’s missed training camp time with an injury. That injury and the horrible injury to Jamal Adams in the Giants game gave undrafted rookie Jacob Thomas extra opportunities. He was impressing even before those opportunities. I can easily see a future Vikings safety tandem of Jakobe Thomas and Jacob Thomas. That would be fun.
To be honest, making a list of “Players I’m Watching” in Vikings preseason is silly. I’m watching all of the players. But, that above are players I am very excited to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment