Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Another Minnesota Vikings 53-Man Roster Projection

The Minnesota Vikings played their preseason game on Saturday. A 13-10 win over the New York Giants on the shit surface of MetLife Stadium. The Vikings have joint practices with the Baltimore Ravens today and tomorrow at spectacular TCO Performance Center. Training camp and the preseason are moving right along. It’s a fine time to take a swing at another Vikings 53-man roster projection. This is the first one that doesn’t include the hoped-for return of safety Harrison Smith. When I was convinced that he was returning for his 15th season, I was certain that it would be at the start of training camp. I simply didn’t see him as one to stroll back to the teams after all the “hard” work is done. If he was coming back, it would be for all of it. While I still hope/believe that he returns, I don’t have Smith as part of this roster projection. 

Another Minnesota Vikings 53-man Roster Projection

Offense (25)

Quarterback (3)
Kyler Murray
J.J. McCarthy
Carson Wentz

Running Back (3)
Aaron Jones
Jordan Mason
Demond Claiborne

Not including Zavier Scott is difficult. 

Fullback (1)
Max Bredeson

Wide Receiver (6)
Justin Jefferson
Jordan Addison
Jauan Jennings
Tai Felton
Myles Price
Jeshaun Jones

Tight End (3)
T.J. Hockenson
Josh Oliver
Gavin Bartholomew

Offensive Line (9)
Christian Darrisaw
Donovan Jackson
Blake Brandel
Will Fries
Brian O’Neill
Ryan Van Demark
Caleb Tiernan
Michael Jurgens
Joe Huber

Defense (25)

Defensive Line (6)
Jalen Redmond
Levi Drake Rodriguez
Caleb Banks
Domonique Orange
Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins
Elijah Williams

After receiver, this might be my favorite position group on the team. 

Outside Linebacker (4)
Andrew Van Ginkel
Dallas Turner
Bo Richter
Chaz Chambliss

Many pundits still believe the Vikings will supplement the outside linebacker group with a veteran free agent. I’m beginning to believe that Brian Flores will dip into the linebacker group to support outside linebacker starters Andrew Van Ginkel and Dallas Turner. Eric Wilson and rookie Jake Golday will play some on the edge. Versatile defensive lineman Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins may also factor into the edge rotation. 

Linebacker (4)
Blake Cashman
Eric Wilson
Ivan Pace Jr.
Jake Golday

Cornerback (4)
Byron Murphy Jr.
Isaiah Rodgers
Chuck Demmings
James Pierre

Safety (6)
Harrison Smith
Josh Metellus
Jay Ward
Theo Jackson
Jakobe Thomas
Tavierre Thomas
Jacob Thomas

Special Teams (3)

Kicker (1)
Will Reichard

Punter (1)
Johnny Hekker

Until I’m convinced that undrafted rookie Brett Thorson can consistently snap the ball, I’m going with Johnny Hekker. 

Long Snapper (1)
Andrew DePaola

No comments:

Post a Comment