Saturday, February 11, 2012

Football Bits

Tough job: The NFL Network producer tasked with putting together the Super Bowl XLVI highlight package is a big New England Patriots fan.

I wonder if kids today learn their Roman numerals first.

I have no problems with Gisele Bundchen sticking up for her husband. If anything I find it funny that anyone really cares.

I also have no problem with Matt Light and Rob Gronkowski dancing a jig just hours after a Super Bowl loss. Maybe they were dancing off their frustration. Maybe it was therapy for Gronk's gimpy ankle. Again, who really cares. If we didn't have such an invasive society, we wouldn't even know about it.

As of today, my Minnesota Vikings draft wish list is this:

1. Matt Kalil T USC
2. Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma St.
3. Morris Claiborne CB LSU
4. Riley Reiff T Iowa

Reiff is a recent addition. I'm becoming more intrigued by his potential. Kalil is considered more polished, more ready but Reiff may have a higher ceiling. I also wouldn't be opposed to the Vikings trading with a team hot for quarterbacks Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III to gather a few nice picks. I just don't want to see the Vikings drop so far as to lose a shot at one of these four players. It's, hopefully, not often that you draft this high and have a shot at players this skilled. Especially at positions of such desperate need. Free agency could change some priorities but I don't see it changing the tremendous need at left tackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment