Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Confusion

As I was stalking Aaron Rodgers on the Pebble Beach golf links recently I was stylishly sporting a Minnesota Vikings cap and a #8 Cal jersey. It was stunning to experience the confusion caused by this fabulous outfit. I'm a blatantly obvious Vikings fan and nearly as obvious Cal man. Unlike many NFL executives and coaches I had a great appreciation for Rodgers' outstanding passing skills at Cal, thus his #8 jersey. I went to the golf tournament as a Vikings and an Aaron Rodgers fan. Nothing that I wore showed any interest in the Green Bay Packers. Still, I was asked on several occasions how I could be a Vikings fan and a Packers fan. It's inconceivable! I had to set all of these fools straight. If I was a Packers fan, I'd have no idea that Rodgers went to college. Let alone which college. Just like so many NFL people most are oblivious to the amazing, too brief, Cal career of Aaron Rodgers.

Would anyone think that a fan wearing a Joe Montana Chiefs jersey was a 49ers fan?

Usually when someone is demonstrating an allegiance to a particular team they actually display the colors and/or name of that team. I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment