Saturday, June 18, 2011

Media Clowns

The media is sure found lacking these days. Maybe it's always been this way, and I just imagined it better than it was. The sensational is far more important than reality. Getting it first is more important than getting it right. Between NFL Network's Fran Charles and nearly everybody in the Minneapolis/St. Paul media it's so difficult to find an interesting story or decent interview. So many interviewers seem to have something better to do or they just don't care. They have a list of questions. Without a concern for the answers they just rifle through them. Others just fish for the answer they want. It's shocking how many different ways there are to ask Leslie Frazier if he is going to sign a veteran QB. In my opinion, that question only needs to be asked once. Even if Frazier doesn't give the answer the interviewer seeks, the answer will probably be the same no matter how the question is asked. But, the clowns sure try. I'm sure glad the Vikings head coach has so much more patience than me. I would lose my mind. Attack a journalist or two. There are still decent journalists and interviewers out there. I just wish there was more.

No comments:

Post a Comment