Friday, June 17, 2011

A Lockout Blessing

Not one bit of good has come out of the lockout, until now. This past weekend, Kansas City Chiefs tight end Leonard Pope saved a six-year-old boy from drowning. Anne Moore, a family friend of Pope, says that Pope heard her cry for help at a pool party.

"All of a sudden, I saw Bryson going down in the water and I started screaming. Leonard was inside and he came out of nowhere and dove into the water without hesitation", Moore said. "He saved my son's life, and I am so thankful that he was there for me and my child."

Moore has known Pope since he was a kid. As she points out, there was some positives to the lockout.

"My prayers were answered by God when Leonard jumped in and saved my son. The fact that he is normally at camp and could have been in Kansas City proved to me that he was placed here to save my son from drowning, and I thank God that he was here."

I can't guess what God thinks of the lockout, but the Flea Flicker salutes Leonard Pope.

No comments:

Post a Comment