Friday, June 24, 2011

The End Is Near

There is so much optimism surrounding the labor talks right now. If they take another break after two days again, I may lose my little mind. Perhaps they do need a break. Perhaps the two days on, too many days off pattern has brought them this close. Personally, I think that they should grind through until it's done, but I've never done one of these so what do I know. I would have tried to settle this mess three years ago.

The reason for the optimism is that it sounds like the talks have moved from the splitting of the revenue. The owners offer of 48% of everything to the players sounds like a go. The owners had a ridiculous formula for splitting the revenue back in March. It kept so much money from the players that they left the bargaining table and we had the lockout. There are still issues to negotiate, like the rookie wage scale, but they should come together. The revenue split was the big battle and that seems to be done. Wrap it up and bring in some football. It's getting late.

No comments:

Post a Comment