Sunday, August 28, 2016

My Fantasy Football Team

Fantasy football is in the air. It's everywhere. Fantasy football has been a thing for me since the early 1980's. It's been a consistent thing since the late 1980s. I've always enjoyed it as a real fun side to the real thing. I really can't imagine bouncing through an NFL season without fantasy football out there on the side. It's just part of the football fun for me. I'm serious about fantasy football. But I don't take it seriously. I'm a Minnesota Vikings homer in reality. And fantasy. Some times I win. More often, I don't. But, it's always fun.

My fantasy football league had our draft last night. Here's what I got.

QB
Andrew Luck
Blake Bortles
Teddy Bridgewater

RB
Adrian Peterson
Todd Gurley
Arian Foster
Christine Michael

WR
Allen Robinson
Josh Gordon
Tyler Lockett
Stefon Diggs
Tyler Boyd

K
Roberto Aguayo
Ryan Succop

Defense
Vikings
Lions

Our league is different from most in that we don't have a tight end position. We start three receivers and tight ends are welcome there. It's a traditional matter. We started the league at a time when tight ends were more blocker than receiver. We simply haven't changed with the times.

Todd Gurley was a keeper which made a backfield with Adrian Peterson and Gurley possible. Looks sound. I figure that the wildcard on my team is Josh Gordon. If he can come off his suspension and be the dynamite pass-catcher that he has the talent to be, I might be ok. Fantasy football is a fickle beast. It's fun. It's a real nice side to the real thing. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment