Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Minnesota Vikings 7-Round Mock Draft

I really enjoy and depend on the draft takes of The Athletic’s lead NFL Draft analyst Dane Brugler. His draft guide, The Beast, is a beast of a draft guide. It’s great. Last week, Brugler put together a full seven-round mock draft. Here’s the mock draft haul that he has for the Minnesota Vikings.

1(14) Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan
3(78) Aaron Banks, OG, Notre Dame
3(90) Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana
4(119) Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
4(125) Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue
4(134) Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
4(143) Tommy Boyle, OT, Miami (Ohio)
5(157) Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, Appalachian State
5(168) Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas
6(199) Javian Hawkins, RB, Louisville

While I prefer offensive line in the first round, Kwity Paye is one of my favorite non-offensive line picks at #14. Brugler’s mock brings two offensive linemen to the Vikings, Aaron Banks and Tommy Boyle. There are guards that I like more than Aaron Banks and a few were still available when Brugler has the Vikings selecting Banks. Kendrick Green and Ben Cleveland in particular. I’d also prefer offensive tackles James Hudson and Spencer Brown over Banks. With the way that Brugler has the draft falling, my preferred third round would probably be Green and Hudson. Or, Green and Brown just to keep it colorful. I’d hate to lose safety Jamar Johnson but I’d prefer the two offensive linemen in the third round. USC safety Talanoa Hufanga is available throughout the fourth round. 

Other than Kyle Trask, and I could probably warm to Trask pretty quickly, I’m a fan of everything that Brugler has the Vikings doing on Day 3. I really like the receivers Seth Williams and Jaelon Darden. I’d immediately pencil Darden in as the team’s kick returner. Derrick Barnes would be the replacement if Anthony Barr leaves in free agency next year. Tommy Boyle would be a nice developmental offensive tackle. A safety (Hufanga) might be a better option if two offensive linemen are selected in the third round. Shemar Jean-Charles would be an excellent addition to the cornerback room. An NFL team can never have enough corners. That’s what I’ve heard. 

If I can tweak his third round, I like what Dane Brugler’s mocked for the Vikings. 

Two more days until the real thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment