Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl Pick

The final game of the 2015 NFL Season is here.

Super Bowl 50/Super Bowl L

Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers
Pick: Broncos

Most of the talking heads have the Panthers winning this game. I can't blame them. Cam Newton has been on fire. He's been throwing better this year than I've ever seen him throw it. He's always zip on the ball but he'd often have some stretches of wildness. I haven't seen those stretches this year. Actually, he's been really accurate in the games that I've seen. Plus, he puts so much stress on the defense. It's that Broncos defense that has swayed me to their side. I can't shake the game plan than Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips put into play for the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game. It was beautiful. I can't wait to see what Phillips has planned for Newton and his Panther pals. It's one thing to have a terrific plan in place. It's another thing to have the players to make it work. Pass rushers Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware get all of the attention among the front seven. Deservedly so. Each can run with Newton. Each can ruin an offense. The players to watch today might actually be the inside guys. Sylvester Williams, Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe. Jackson and Wolfe were terrific against the Patriots. Both should make an impact against the Panthers. The Broncos have a great defense. So do the Panthers. As a result, I'm expecting a fairly low scoring game. Something like 17-13 or 23-17. In favor of the Broncos.

Most importantly, I'm hoping for an excellent football game. The Super Bowl should be an excellent football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment