Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kosar Is An Idiot

There was a time when I thought that Bernie Kosar was a very good quarterback. His potential coming out of the University of Miami was such that there was pretty much a draft war over him between the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings but that's a whole other story. If not for some late game, John Elway heroics, history might even view Kosar as an excellent quarterback. As near as I could tell, Bernie Kosar seemed to be a pretty decent guy. Those opinions changed last Thursday. Bernie Kosar is an idiot.

Working as the color analyst for the Cleveland Browns preseason game against the St. Louis Rams, Kosar didn't hold back with his observations and opinions. Here are some of his ridiculous gems:

After an incomplete pass intended for Tavon Austin: "I really think that he didn't overthrow him and that Austin has to make that catch in the NFL. I see why Sam (Bradford) has been struggling watching how bad these receivers have been for him."
-he could have just left it at "Austin has to make that catch in the NFL"

After Nick Johnson dropped a pass: "This is actually not a bad throw. These St. Louis receivers are horrible. That's a drop there."
-sounds like a bitter, little quarterback

When play-by-play man Jim Donovan asked Kosar what he'd think if he knew that some of the Rams receivers parents were watching, Kosar said he "would be embarrassed."
-that's not right

"I'm checking through the itinerary here of guys and coaches to see who the receivers coach is to make sure I don't know who this guy is because he's not doing very good either."
-the receiver coach is Ray Sherman. If Kosar did his job, he wouldn't have to look it up during the game. Clown.

For whatever reason, Kosar has a particular issue with Rams backup quarterback Kellen Clemons. He even admitted that "me and him haven't done too well with each other..."

Later, when Clemons entered the game, Donovan relayed a story about Clemens giving an autograph to Pope Benedict XVI. Kosar said that he didn't think that he'd ever want it, and then took another shot at Clemens.

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned," Kosar said. "I have to watch the whole fourth quarter."
-Idiot

When Rams coach Jeff Fisher had this to say about Kosar's idiotic remarks:
"I'm just surprised that Bernie has such a lack of respect for players and for this game. So I lost a lot of respect for him."
-me too

Who does this? I wonder if Kosar is just bitter that his NFL career didn't have the glory that he'd hoped it would? A TV analyst is expected to be objective, even a little critical. In this game, Kosar was just mean. He wasn't even clever. If you're going to be an idiot on TV, you really should be clever about it. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment