Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My-Time College Team

The training camp injuries post and thoughts got me depressed. To climb out of that depression I thought of the greatest college players that I've seen in my lifetime. That takes out college greats like Red Grange, Ernie Nevers and Sammy Baugh. I wish that I had seen them and so many others play. I didn't, so they don't count. It still left a bunch of great college football players. They sure impressed me. Here they are:

WR Anthony Carter, Michigan
   T  Anthony Munoz, USC
   G  Randall McDaniel, Arizona State
   C  Dave Rimmington, Nebraska
   G  Steve Hutchinson, Michigan
   T  Orlando Pace, Ohio St
 TE  Ken MacAfee, Notre Dame
WR  Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
QB  Aaron Rodgers, Cal*
 RB  Herschel Walker, Georgia
 RB  Earl Campbell, Texas

DE  Lee Roy Selmon, Oklahoma
DT  Steve Emtman, Washington
DT  Warren Sapp, Miami
DE  Reggie White, Tennessee
LB  Hugh Green, Pittsburgh
LB  Chris Spielman, Ohio St
LB  Derrick Brooks, Florida St
CB  Deion Sanders, Florida St
CB  Ronnie Lott, USC
  S  Kenny Easley, UCLA
  S  Joey Browner, USC

* Although his play with the Green Bay Packers may justify it, picking Aaron Rodgers might be a bit of a Cal homer pick for me. Still, his game against USC in 2004 was the best passing I have ever seen from a college quarterback.

It's really strange that five of the players on my team spent a good chunk of their NFL career with the Minnesota Vikings. You can imagine my excitement when Anthony Carter, Randall McDaniel, Steve Hutchinson, Joey Browner and even Herschel Walker (at least initially) arrived in Minnesota.

I think that helped my depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment