Thursday, April 30, 2020

Favorite Draft Picks: AFC

It's the AFC's turn. Here are my favorite draft picks of the teams in that other conference. I'll start with the team that started the event one week ago.

Cincinnati Bengals
Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming

The Cincinnati Bengals had a strong draft. I'll go with one of the players that intrigued me the most. I didn't really know much about Logan Wilson until the draft evaluation process. He played at Wyoming. The more I learned about him the more I thought that he might have been a first round pick if he'd played in the SEC, or Big 10, or Pac 12...

Cleveland Browns
Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri

As a Vikings fan, I was curious about the draft's best three-techniques. Jordan Elliott emerged as my favorite after Javon Kinlaw and Derrick Brown.

Baltimore Ravens
Justin Madubuike, DT, Texa A&M

It's always tough to single out one of the draft picks of the Baltimore Ravens. They seem to draft well every year. Jusin Madubuike was right behind Jordan Elliott among my favorite three-techniques.

Pittsburgh Steelers
Kevin Dotson, G, Louisiana-Lafayette

Kevin Dotson was one of my favorite guards. I'd like him even more if the Vikings had drafted him.

New England Patriots
Anfernee Jennings, Edge, Alabama

I've heard many talking heads bash the drafting of the New England Patriots. I wonder if it's really because they hate what the Patriots did or if they just hated that they didn't draft a quarterback. I liked several of their picks. I went with Anfernee Jennings over Kyle Dugger and Josh Uche because the more I learned about him the more he intrigued me.

Buffalo Bills
Zack Moss, RB, Utah

Devin Singletary was great last year as a rookie runner for the Buffalo Bills. Zack Moss and Singletary will be a very good duo. As a Cal alum, Moss is one of the players that I'm happy to see leave the Pac-12.

Miami Dolphins
Malcolm Perry, WR, Navy

Malcolm Perry was so much fun to watch as Navy's running quarterback. It'll be fun to see what he can do in the NFL. He could play all over the Dolphins' offense.

New York Jets
Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal

I gotta go with the Golden Bear. Go Bears!

Indianapolis Colts
Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC

Like Zack Moss, I'm thrilled to see Michael Pittman leave the Pac-12. Early in the draft evaluation process I was targeting Pittman as the perfect receiver pick for the Vikings in the second round. It didn't take long for me to realize that he'd never get to the Vikings in the second round.

Tennessee Titans
Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

I was certain that Kristian Fulton would be a first round pick. It's astonishing to me that the Tennessee Titans snagged him at the end of the second round.

Jacksonville Jaguars
Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's

Through the draft evaluation process I grew quite fond of this tackle from itty bitty St. John's.

Houston Texans
Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU

Ross Blacklock, Elliott, Madubuike. I wanted them all in Minnesota.

Kansas City Chiefs
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU

The Super Bowl champs didn't have many needs. Adding a talented, versatile running back was one of them. With Clyde Edwards-Helaire, a scary offense got scarier.

Denver Broncos
Jerry Juedy, WR, Alabama

Jerry Juedy was my favorite receiver in the draft. My favorite drafted receiver is now Justin Jefferson. Juedy is still my favorite draft pick of the Denver Broncos.

Las Vegas Raiders
Amik Robertson, CB, Lousiana Tech

Amik Robertson was one of my favorite players in the draft. It only follows that he's my favorite draft pick of the Las Vegas Raiders.

Los Angeles Chargers
Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

Kenneth Murray was another draft favorite. The Los Angeles Chargers are going to have a fun defense. For a team that "earned" the sixth pick in the draft, the Chargers have a talented roster. Especially on defense.

No comments:

Post a Comment