Sunday, January 20, 2019

Flea Flicker Conference Championship Predictions

As a Minnesota Vikings fan, the lead up to this weekend was a lot more fun last year. But this Conference Championship Sunday should be a lot more fun than it was last year. Oh well. Here's a stab at the outcome of the AFC and NFC Championship Games. Both games look like they could be a blast. With offenses as stacked as these four I hope that we see a hint of decent defense.

Los Angeles Rams @ New Orleans Saints
Pick: Saints
I don't think that the Saints can get away with starting this game like they did their last game. I think the Saints are the better team from top to bottom. 

New England Patriots @ Kansas City Chiefs
Pick: Patriots
This game is a toss-up for me. One moment, I think that Bill Belichick, Brian Flores, and the Patriots brain-trust (Ernie Adams) will come up with some scheme that will slow Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs offense. The next moment, I think that Mahomes' great improvisational talent isn't the sort of thing that can be schemed. Ultimately, I decided that the Patriots will make Mahomes uncomfortable on one too many occasions and they take advantage of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment