Friday, June 28, 2013

Top 10

The NFL Network finally completed their reveal of the Top 100 players in the league as voted by the players. This adventure started way back on the last day of the 2013 NFL Draft. This ranking of the players, by the players, has been done for a few years now. I find it to be some fun stuff. It's far more interesting to me to see how the players see themselves than some media knucklehead.

This is how the Top 10 fell:

10. Patrick Willis-San Francisco 49ers linebacker
9.   Von Miller-Denver Broncos linebacker
8.   Arian Foster-Houston Texans running back
7.   Aldon Smith-San Francisco 49ers linebacker
6.   Aaron Rodgers-Green Bay quarterback
5.   J.J Watt-Houston Texans defensive end
4.   Tom Brady-New England Patriots quarterback
3.   Calvin Johnson-Detroit Lions receiver
2.   Peyton Manning-Denver Broncos quarterback
1.   Adrian Peterson-Minnesota Vikings running back

I like this Top 10.

But, this is how I see those same ten players:

10. Arian Foster
9.   Aldon Smith
8.   Von Miller
7.   Calvin Johnson
6.   Patrick Willis
5.   Tom Brady
4.   Peyton Manning
3.   J.J. Watt
2.   Aaron Rodgers
1.   Adrian Peterson

I was stunned when I saw Rodgers pop up at #6. I think that he's the best quarterback in the game right now. That takes nothing away from Manning or Brady. I just think that he does some things, mainly with his mobility, better than the rest. I have Smith and Johnson lower than the players have them simply because of the players that I have ahead of them. I do think that Smith gets a huge boost from the attention paid to his fellow Smith on the 49ers defense, Justin Smith. Aldon Smith's production dropped significantly when Justin Smith was out of the lineup at the end of this past season. The other 49ers defender in the Top 10 is a favorite of mine.  If I could take one player from any other team in the league and put him on the Minnesota Vikings, I would take Patrick Willis. He's the best inside linebacker in the league. He's one of the best that I've ever seen at the position. The incredible 2007 NFL Draft put three players on this year's Top 10. Patrick Willis, Calvin Johnson, and Adrian Peterson. Ah, Adrian Peterson. The best player in football. You won't find any argument from me. It's cool to see a running back voted #1 in this passing league. As a Vikings fan, it's been an absolute honor to watch him play football over the last six seasons. Last season, after coming back from a shredded knee, Peterson gave me chills every single game day. It was an incredible season to behold. Just incredible.

Congratulations Adrian Peterson!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment