Tuesday, May 17, 2011

NFL's Top 100

The NFL Network has recently started showing the top 100 players, voted by the players. They are showing ten per week down to the #1 player in the league. I like these things. See how the players see it. Check it out. It's a peach. The Flicker will probably have a bunch to say about the Top 100 Players.

I have an issue already. I just don't see Tampa Bay receiver Mike Williams in the top 100. Certainly not at 83, most certainly not a few spots ahead of his own QB Josh Freeman. I think that Freeman is a dynamite football player. Right there with Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco as the young guns of the league. He may have a higher ceiling than both. Mike Williams had a fantastic rookie season. A season that was made possible by the rapid devoplment of Freeman. I like Williams. I think that he has a tremendous future, but I understand this list being the top 100 right now. Williams would have had to have a rookie season like Randy Moss in 1998 to make the list. He didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment