Friday, March 25, 2011

Jake Locker

The more I listen to the "draft experts" and read comments by the "draft experts" the more I wonder if I'm watching the same game. People get so caught up in numbers and who looks good in shorts. Who throws the prettiest spiral. Who can bench press a truck. People forget that the games are played and decided on a football field. Washington QB Jake Locker is simply a football player. He's a leader on and off the field. He never stops working. I think that he's going to be a great NFL quarterback. Perhaps more than any other position, great quarterbacks possess the intangibles that aren't easily seen and can't really be measured. They just get it. They understand the game. They lead their team. They win. I see all of these in Jake Locker. In the Cal game this past season as well Washington's bowl game against Nebraska, Locker had less than stellar passing statistics. He was still the most dynamic player on the field. You just knew that he would find a way to lead his team to a win. As a Cal fan this was unfortunate. With improved talent around him on an NFL team, I see him becoming a fantastic QB. I hope that it is with the Vikings. Personally, i see a lot of Steve Young in Locker. I like that a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment