Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Post Scouting Combine Minnesota Vikings 7-Round Mock

The Scouting Combine has concluded. It’s time for another Minnesota Vikings 7-Round Mock Draft. It’s always time for a 7-Round Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft. 

1. J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan
2. T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
4. Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame
4. Mohamed Kamara, Edge, Colorado State
5. Zak Zinter, G, Michigan
5. Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina
6. M.J. Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh
6. De’Corian Clark, WR, UTSA
7. Anim Dankwah, OT, Howard

While T.J. Hockenson was certainly worth the cost the Vikings paid to get him, I sure do miss, and will desperately miss, that third-round pick. 

I really can’t decide whether to address edge or defensive tackle in the second round. I’m currently leaning T’Vondre Sweat as the Vikings have nothing like him on the defensive line. I’m also leaning defensive tackle because Mohamed Kamara is emerging as a draft crush. I’m not sure if he’ll be available in the fourth round but I’d grab him if he is. 

This mock draft, and nearly all of my mock drafts, is lacking a more prominent running back and/or receiver. I’d really like to see the Vikings select USC running back MarShawn Lloyd. Unfortunately, I think that he’s destined for the second round, third round at the latest. Even if they hadn’t released Alexander Mattison, I think that running back is a significant need. Maybe it’s addressed aggressively in free agency (Saquon Barkley?). As for receiver, Western Kentucky’s Malachi Corley or Virginia’s Malik Washington would be outstanding additions. As with Lloyd, I believe that both could be gone in the second round, certain the third. I am missing that third round pick. 

I like several mid-round corners. Cam Hart leads that group. TCU’s Josh Newton and Arkansas’ Dwight McGlothern are a couple others. 

Until the next one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment