Sunday, May 7, 2023

Favorite Draft Picks: AFC

Here are some of my favorite draft picks of the AFC teams. 

Baltimore Ravens
Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College, 1st round
He’s no Jordan Addison but Zay Flowers was one of my favorite receivers in the draft. He’s a fun football player. 

Cincinnati Bengals 
Charlie Jones, WR, Purdue, 4th round
Through the months of the draft evaluation process, Charlie Jones really grew on me. By draft time, he was one of my favorite mid-round receivers. Joe Burrow gets another weapon. 

Cleveland Browns
Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB, UCLA, 5th round
The best thing about Dorian Thompson-Robinson being drafted is that he’ll no longer be able to terrorize Cal. 

Pittsburgh Steelers 
Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State, 2nd round 
The Steelers got a steal in the second round. If the Vikings had selected Joey Porter Jr. at #23, I would’ve been happy. 

Buffalo Bills
Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah, 1st round 
I expected Dalton Kincaid to be long gone before the Bills picked. A potent offense got more potent. 

Miami Dolphins
Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina, 2nd round
The Dolphins made only four selections. They had no first round picks. They had no fourth- or fifth-round picks either. I wouldn’t have been surprised if Cam Smith had been selected in the first round. 

New England Patriots 
Marte Mapu, LB, Sacrament State, 3rd
It’s gotta be the Sacramento State kid! Marte Mapu’s versatility made him one of my favorite players in the draft. I can’t wait to see what the Patriots do with him. 

New York Jets
Joe Tippman, C, Wisconsin, 2nd round
It’s easy to like a Wisconsin offensive lineman. 

Houston Texans
Tank Dell, WR, Houston, 3rd round
The Texans had two of the first three picks in the draft. I’m going with the itty bitty receiver named Tank. Tank Dell is a fun football player. 

Indianapolis Colts 
Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida, 1st round
A day or two before the draft, the Vikings trading up in the draft to select Anthony Richardson became my dream. I dreamed it into existence. I really thought that it was going to happen. The Colts dashed that dream. At leashed they dashed it early. 

Jacksonville Jaguars 
Ventrell Miller, LB, Florida, 4th
The Vikings didn’t draft a linebacker but they needed a linebacker. Ventrell Miller was one of my favorites. 

Tennessee Titans
Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern, 1st round
As soon as I discovered that Peter Skoronski is the grandson of Green Bay Packers great Bob Skoronski, he was one of my favorites. Grandpa Skoronski should have a bust in Canton. 

Denver Broncos
Marvin Mims Jr., WR, Oklahoma, 2nd round
If the Vikings didn’t select a receiver in the first round, Marvin Mims Jr was one of my Day 2 targets. I doubted that he’d make it to #87. He didn’t. 

Kansas City Chiefs
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge, Kansas State, 1st
When the Chiefs made this pick, I couldn’t help but think of actor Eric Stonestreet. Giant Chiefs fan and Kansas State alum. 

Las Vegas Raiders
Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland, 4th round 
I was hoping that the versatile Jakorian Bennett would find his way to the Vikings. 

Los Angeles Chargers 
Daiyan Henley, LB, Washington State, 3rd round 
Daiyan Henley emerged as one of my favorites in the draft. He was my favorite linebacker. 






No comments:

Post a Comment