Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Favorite Offseason Additions: AFC West

Finally. My favorite offseason additions come to an end with my favorite offseason additions of the AFC West. 

Kansas City Chiefs
Trent McDuffie, CB, 1st round pick

The Kansas City Chiefs had to reshape their receiver group this offseason. It was tempting to pick one of the new receivers. I like Trent McDuffie too much to do so. He was one of the my favorite cornerbacks in the draft and I liked several of the cornerbacks. There’s something about McDuffie that reminds me of Antoine Winfield. That’s all that needs to be said about McDuffie.

Contenders: JuJu Smith-Schuster, George Karlaftis, Skyy Moore

Denver Broncos
Nik Bonitto, LB, 2nd round pick

I wasn’t a fan of the Denver Broncos offseason. That’s mostly because I’ve never been a fan of Russell Wilson. Great player. Strange dude. The Broncos offseason was all about getting Wilson. That depleted their draft. Nik Bonitto was one of my favorite edge rushers in the draft. So, he’s the pick here. 

Contender: K’Waun Williams

Las Vegas Raiders
Davante Adams, WR, trade

Unlike the Denver Broncos, I liked a lot of the offseason moves of the Las Vegas Raiders. Those moves start with the big trade for Davante Adams. The trade had the added benefit of taking Adams away from the Green Bay Packers. Anything that weakens the Packers is a very good thing. In Las Vegas, Adams is reunited with college teammate Derek Carr. The reunion should be fun. Especially for Carr. 

Contenders: Chandler Jones, Dylan Parham, Neil Farrell Jr., Rock Ya-Sin

Los Angeles Chargers
J.C. Jackson, CB, free agency

It’s tempting to go with Khalil Mack. I think that J.C. Jackson will impact the defense more than the addition of Mack. Jackson and Asante Samuel Jr. give the Chargers one of the best cornerback duos in the league. A lot of options open when a defense has two corners that can lock down their sides of the field. 

Contenders: Khalil Mack, Sebastian Joseph-Day, Zion Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment