Sunday, May 8, 2022

Favorite AFC Draft Picks

Here are my favorite draft picks from each of the AFC teams. 

Baltimore Ravens
Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame (1st round)

I liked a bunch of the Ravens draft picks. I’ll go with their first pick. There was absolutely no reason for Kyle Hamilton to be available with the 14th pick. The Ravens got one of the best players in the draft at #14. Ridiculous.

Cincinnati Bengals
Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (1st round)

Another first round safety. I love Daxton Hill’s versatility. 

Pittsburgh Steelers
Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt (1st round)
George Pickens, WR, Georgia (2nd round)

If I’m picking picks, I have to pick the Pittsburgh Steelers picking Pickett and Pickens. 

Cleveland Browns
Alex Wright, Edge, UAB (3rd round)

By the time the draft arrived, Alex Wright had become one of my favorite edge rushers. 

Buffalo Bills
James Cook, RB, Georgia (2nd round)

I gotta go with Dalvin’s little brother. One of the best offenses in the league got better and more versatile. 

New York Jets
Ahmad Gardner, CB, Cincinnati (1st round)

There was a moment during one day early in the pre-draft process that I thought Ahmad Gardner might drop to the Vikings. That moment didn’t last long. 

New England Patriots
Marcus Jones, CB, Houston (3rd round)

Marcus Jones was my Vikings third round pick in nearly every pre-draft simulation that I did. I may have cried a little when the Patriots picked him. 

Miami Dolphins
Cameron Goode, LB, Cal (7th round)

Back in 2018, Cameron Goode was on his way to becoming one of the nation’s best linebacker. Then he got hurt. He returned from that injury in 2019. He was very good but was never quite the same. If he can return to that 2018 form, the Dolphins selected an impact player in the seventh round. 

Tennessee Titans
Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn (2nd round)

If the Vikings didn’t select a corner in the first round, Roger McCreary was one of my favorites in the second round.

Indianapolis Colts
Alec Pierce, WR, Cincinnati (2nd round)

Alec Pierce should pair nicely with Michael Pittman. 

Jacksonville Jaguars
Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah (1st round)

Devin Lloyd was one of my favorite players in this draft.

Houston Texans
Derek Stingley Jr., CB, LSU (1st round)

As soon as Derek Stingley Jr. showed up at his Pro Day, I knew that the Vikings had no shot at him at #12.  He and Ahmad Gardner were draft day dreams. 

Kansas City Chiefs
Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington (1st round)

After Derek Stingley Jr. and Ahmad Gardner, Trent McDuffie and Andrew Booth Jr. were my cornerback favorites for the Vikings. 

Los Angeles Chargers
Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College (1st round)

The Chargers probably hoped for a top right tackle in the first round. Zion Johnson was one of the best offensive linemen in this draft. The Chargers are getting close to fielding a terrific offensive line. 

Denver Broncos
Nik Bonitto, Edge, Oklahoma (2nd round)

Nik Bonitto was one of the my favorite Day 2 players. 

Las Vegas Raiders
Neil Farrell Jr., DT, LSU (4th round)

Despite hosting the draft, it was easy to forget that the Raiders were even involved. They didn’t make a pick until the third round. They still managed to draft some very good football players. Neil Farrell Jr. was one of my favorite defensive tackles. Tennessee’s Matthew Butler was another defensive tackle favorite. The Raiders selected him in the fifth round. Pretty greedy. 













No comments:

Post a Comment