Saturday, August 14, 2021

Vikings Preseason Game #1 Preview: Denver Broncos

The Minnesota Vikings season is here. Kinda. The Minnesota Vikings Preseason is here. A lot of people bellyache about the preseason. Actually, they applaud the arrival of the preseason. As soon as they see the first snap and training-wheels level of play they start bellyaching. People still watch it. Many more people watched last week’s Hall of Fame game than that regular season baseball game played in a cornfield. I enjoy the preseason. I even enjoy the fourth quarter of a preseason game. Football is fun. 

The Vikings host the Denver Broncos today in Preseason Game #1. The two teams practiced together this week. It looked fun. They might’ve developed a familiarity with each other but I doubt that shows much on the field today. It’s a preseason game. It’s going to be sloppy. It’s going to be fun. Here are a few things that I’d like to see in the Vikings first preseason game. 

1. NO INJURIES

2. Offensive line progress. I’m one of the few that still believes that Christian Darrisaw will be ready for Week 1. I don’t think that the line that we briefly see today will be THE line. Still, I’d like to see offensive line progress. 

3. Of the rookies, I’m most looking forward to seeing running back Kene Nwangwu and receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette. Both feel like secret weapons on offense and in the return game. I hope to see the speed of Nwangwu and the explosiveness of Smith-Marsette.

4. Will we see rookie quarterback Kellen Mond? I suspect that the time that he missed to COVID-stupidity will keep him out of the game. 

5. I’ve waited a year to see Michael Pierce in action. I can’t wait to see that. I can’t wait to see him paired with Dalvin Tomlinson. 

6. I can’t wait to see Patrick Peterson and Bashaud Breeland in purple and Mackensie Alexander back in purple. It’s a remade cornerback room. The depth of the position is ridiculous. The rotation is going to be fun. 

7. I’m looking forward to seeing young pass rushers D.J. Wonnum, Patrick Jones II, and Janarius Robinson. The positional experimentation with Wonnum is going to be fun in a game situation. 

8. I hope to see zero missed placekicks. 

9. I just want to see Vikings football. Even preseason Vikings football. Football is fun. 

10. NO INJURIES!

Vikings Football Is Back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment