Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Minnesota Vikings’ Four-Round Mock

I made my first venture into the Draft Network’s Mock Draft Simulator. It’s an addictive thing. I only did a four-round simulation for the Minnesota Vikings. It’s too early in the evaluation process for a full seven-rounder. The Vikings are projected to receive as many as four compensatory picks. One of those picks should be at the end of the fourth round. That gives the Vikings the following pick through four roundss:

1 (14)
3 (78)
3 (90)
4 (118)
4 (124)
4 (134)
4 (142)

Here’s what I got for the Vikings in the four-round simulation. 

14. Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
78. Josh Myers, IOL, Ohio State
90. Jaylen Twyman, DT, Pittsburgh 
118. Ar’Darius Washington, S, TCU
124. Elerson Smith, Edge, Northern Iowa
134. Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina
142. Rashad Weaver, Edge, Pittsburgh 

Slater-He’s my top pick at #14. I doubt that he’s there but I’d love it if he was.

Myers-I was hoping for a safety here. Richie Grant or Jevon Holland. Grant was taken off the board at #65. Holland went at #74. 

Twyman-He’s already become one of my draft favorites. If the Vikings don’t take a defensive tackle in the first round, Twyman is my pick whenever they can get him.

Washington-After Grant and Holland, I like Washington.

Elerson Smith-When it comes to Day 2 edge rushers, I like either one of Twyman’s Pitt defensive line mates. Patrick Jones II and Rashad Weaver. I grabbed Weaver later in the fourth round. I couldn’t pass on Elerson Smith and his freakish 6-7 245 lb size here. 

Shi Smith-I was hoping to draft one of Kadarius Toney, Rondale Moore, or D’Wayne Eskridge but they all came off the board in the second round. 

Fun stuff. If nothing else, this simulated mock confirmed to me that the Vikings really need to get back into the second round. They can’t afford to miss out on every player that’s selected between the 14th pick and the 78th pick. That’s too long just sitting and waiting. At a glance, I like the receivers and safeties that are projected to be taken in the second and early third rounds. Whether it’s trading back in the first and adding a second or paying what it takes to move into the second, it’d be best if the Vikings are part of the second round fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment