Friday, October 11, 2019

All-Time Minnesota Vikings Team

I will be in US Bank Stadium on Sunday to witness the Minnesota Vikings-Philadelphia Eagles game. It will be my first time seeing the Vikings play in their home stadium. All of the several times that I've seen the Vikings in person have been against the San Francisco 49ers or Oakland Raiders. I haven't traveled far to see my team. I've seen several of the best players to wear the Vikings uniform. Here's an All-Time Minnesota Vikings team made up of players that I've seen from my seat in a Bay Area stadium.

Offense

Quarterback
*Fran Tarkenton

Running Backs
Adrian Peterson
Chuck Foreman

Receivers
*Cris Carter
Ahmad Rashad

Tight End
Kyle Rudolph

Tackles
*Ron Yary
Korey Stringer

Guards
*Randall McDaniel
Steve Hutchinson

Center
*Mick Tinglehoff

Defense

Defensive Ends
*Carl Eller
Jared Allen

Defensive Tackles
*John Randle
Kevin Williams

Linebackers
Matt Blair
Jeff Siemon
Chad Greenway

Cornerbacks
Antoine Winfield
Xavier Rhodes

Safeties
*Paul Krause
Harrison Smith

Special Teams

Kicker
Ryan Longwell

Punter
Chris Kluwe

Kick Returner
Cordarrelle Patterson

Punt Returner
Marcus Sherels

***

The first Vikings game I attended was against the Raiders on December 17, 1978. Despite the 27-20 loss (the Vikings still backed into the playoffs that day with a Packers loss) it was a glorious day. It would've been much more glorious if defensive tackle Alan Page was still on the team. He had been released earlier in the season. Page was then and is still my favorite football player. Other great Vikings players that I've sadly missed seeing over the years are Joey Browner, Chris Doleman, Gary Zimmerman, and Randy Moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment