Thursday, December 14, 2017

Throwback Thursday: More Mount Rushmore Fun

I can't get enough of this Mt. Rushmore thing. It's the silly but fun practice of picking the "best" four of some category. It's tough to narrow any category to only four. That's the challenge and it's enough to wish that Gutzon Borglum had carved out a couple more faces on that mountain. Mt. Rushmore's have been on my mind since last week when Around the NFL podcaster Chris Wessling said that Arizona Cardinal receiver Larry Fitzgerald was on his Mt. Rushmore of favorite players to watch. I've done NFL franchise Mt. Rushmores. I've done NFL Mt. Rushmores. I haven't done a favorite players to watch Mt. Rushmore. So, I must. Here are a few variations. I'll start with the usual.

Favorite All Time Minnesota Vikings To Watch Mount Rushmore
Alan Page
John Randle
Randy Moss
Adrian Peterson

It's tough to not include Chuck Foreman, Joey Browner, and Fran Tarkenton.

Favorite Current Minnesota Vikings To Watch Mount Rushmore
Harrison Smith
Xavier Rhodes
Linval Joseph
Adam Thielen

I wish that I had more than 3.5 games to watch Dalvin Cook. In that brief time he showed the potential to break into the above group soon.

Favorite NFL Players To Watch Mount Rushmore
Walter Payton
Lawrence Taylor
Ed Reed
Larry Fitzgerald

Tough to cut: Jack Ham, Earl Campbell, Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders

Favorite Current NFL Players To Watch Mt. Rushmore
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
Von Miller
Aaron Rodgers

Players That I Wish I'd Seen Mt. Rushmore
Dutch Clark
Mel Hein
Jim Brown
Don Hutson

Four simply isn't enough but that's the challenge that makes it fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment