Sunday, August 9, 2015

Dinner With A Hall of Famer

The question is often asked. "If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would that person, or persons, be?" I always think of people in the football world when this question crosses my plate. I often wonder what it would be like to have a chat with some of the founders of professional football. What a treat? A nice dinner would only add to the occasion. If I could have dinner with any Hall of Famers, who would they be? Well, it's such a tough decision that I have to look at a few different ways. Doing it in this manner allows me the opportunity to talk to as many as possible. The more the better. That's why I've invited at least ten to all of my dream dinners. I'm willing to splurge in such situations.

1. All 12 of the living Minnesota Vikings Hall of Famers:
-Bud Grant
-Alan Page
-Fran Tarkenton
-Carl Eller
-Paul Krause
-Ron Yary
-Mick Tinglehoff
-Randall McDaniel
-Chris Doleman
-Gary Zimmerman
-John Randle
-Cris Carter

I would love to include Jim Finks in our dinner and chat but he passed away in 1994. I had to put some restrictions on my fun.

2. 10 Hall of Famers
-George Halas
-Joe Carr
-Bert Bell
-Jim Thorpe
-Dutch Clark
-John (Blood) McNally
-Bronko Nagurski
-Dutch Clark
-Sammy Baugh
-Hugh (Shorty) Ray

Fun times! Curly Lambeau should be there. And Tim Mara. And Art Rooney. And Clarke Hinkle. And George Trafton. And Jimmy Conzelman. And Paul Brown. But, I have to have a few restrictions. Always more than I like.

3. 10 Living Hall of Famers
-Jim Brown
-Charley Trippi
-Lenny Moore
-Lance Alworth
-Y.A. Tittle
-Dick Butkus
-Bob Lilly
-Forrest Gregg
-Joe Greene
-John Madden

This was a tough one. I actually met Forrest Gregg at the 2013 inductions but it was far too brief. A dinner and chat would be much better.

What would we have for dinner?
Steak and/or lobster, baked potato, and artichokes. Cheesecake for dessert. A grand time!

No comments:

Post a Comment