Monday, May 19, 2014

Path From The Draft

I've enjoyed another season of NFL Network's Path to the Draft. The wait for the 2014 NFL Draft was more brutal than other years due to the idiotic decision to hold it in May. The show seemed to really drag on the last couple of weeks but that was hardly their fault. It was the fault of Roger "the Goods" Goodell. I enjoy Path to the Draft's hosts Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis. Newbie Curtis Conway was a nice addition. I was actually surprised by Conway. I may have judged him prematurely because he played for USC and the Chicago Bears. That wasn't fair to him. Former Washington Redskins and Houston Texans general manager Charlie Casserly always provides terrific insight from the front office perspective. It's an excellent show for a draft nut. I get far more valuable information from this show's prospect profiles and chatter than any of the mock drafts and supposed experts that dominate the landscape.

I'm currently enjoying the draft recap shows of Path to the Draft. I think that this is the first year that NFL Network has done this as daily, one-hour episodes. They might have aired an extended recap show after the draft and left it at that but I can't recall. I like the daily episodes. I just think that they should do something about the name of the show. Jeremiah and Davis actually joked about this in the first or second episode last week. They found it odd to be calling it Path to the Draft when we are no longer looking toward the draft. I absolutely agree. They ended up just going with Path to the Draft recap show. Big mistake. They should be calling it Path From The Draft. Now, that's clean. A classic. It's a keeper.

UPDATE: Despite my fond feelings for the post-draft epiosodes of Path to the Draft it appears that someone has pulled to the plug on the show. Big mistake! It was an even bigger mistake that the plug was pulled before Jeremiah and Davis had a chance to review the draft of the Minnesota Vikings. Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment