Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

I just started reading a book that's been recommended to me by just about everyone. The Art of Fielding: The Novel by Chad Harbach. I suppose that it being about the sport of baseball is what's allowed me to put off picking it up. I finally picked it up. At the end of the first chapter I was hit with this:

"All his life Schwartz had yearned to possess some single transcendent talent, some unique brilliance that the world would consent to call genius. Now that he'd seen that kind of talent up close, he couldn't let it walk away."

I know exactly how Schwartz felt. I always feel blessed to see the incredible and beautiful from truly remarkable football players. Gifts that separate them from the rest.

Gale Sayers running with the football

Cris Carter catching it

Patrick Willis plugging the hole

Adrian Peterson running through it

Lawrence Taylor blitzing

Raymond Berry running routes

Randall McDaniel pulling

Jerry Kramer and Guy McIntyre too

Ed Reed gliding

Lenny Moore striding

Jerry Rice

Devin Hester returning kicks

Percy Harvin just playing football

Barry Sanders cuts

Reggie White rushing

Jonathan Ogden blocking

Warren Moon passes

Joe Montana with two minutes left

John Unitas and John Elway too

Jim Brown

Ray Lewis and Dick Butkus tackles

Deion Sanders shutting down receivers

Walter Payton

Just a few of my favorite things.

No comments:

Post a Comment