Tuesday, May 8, 2012

And the House Played On...

I could never be a politician. I could never make it through a debate. I spent too much time watching a stream of the Minnesota House of Representatives debate the stadium bill. I had to get real dumb to stand it. Before I mention the thrills that this little venture brought me, I have to say how remarkable it is that I'm able to watch this at all. Technology truly is amazing. I'm sitting in California watching the government in Minnesota in process. Albeit a very slow process. Now, listening to some of these people speak is truly mind numbing. How are some of these people elected? It's amazing that anything ever gets done. I can understand people being against devoting funds for a stadium. I don't agree with it but I understand that view. However, many simply don't understand what they are debating. They don't understand the economics of professional football. To cover that lack of knowledge they make shit up. If they are going to debate, pass or not pass bills, they really should dig deep and read up on the topic. They spent 9-10 hours hashing things out and they very well could have cut that in, at least, half if they came prepared.

Anyway, the stadium bill passes!!! 73-58. A greater margin than was expected.
It's on to the the Senate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment