Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hungry Hero

Baltimore Ravens rookie receiver Tandon Doss was feeling a little hungry before his preseason game against the Washington Redskins. He decided to grab a burger at Five Guys. He ended up playing a hero to a man getting attacked inside the restaurant.

After the game against the Redskins, Doss explained what happened.

"I saw somebody start fighting, and I broke it up. That's all it was to me...I mean, it was two dudes on one. I was trying to help the situation out. I broke it up."

Doss may have saved the man's life. According to Baltimore police, two former Five Guys employees attacked the manager with a knife. The manager had to be treated for a cut on his chin.

Far too often football players make off field news by doing something stupid. It's nice to see a player making news for doing the right thing. Doss might want to rethink his dining choices. It's fairly unusual that a pregame meal is more dangerous than a professional football game. The Flea Flicker salutes Tandon Doss.

No comments:

Post a Comment