Saturday, June 24, 2017

Ranking The Divisions

NFL analysts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks ranked the league's eight divisions on a recent Move the Sticks podcast. A very interesting podcast, by the way. Flea Flicker says "check it out." I found the topic and the exercise fun. The perfect thing to pass the football slow down of the next month.

Jeremiah's Rankings
1. AFC West
2. NFC South
3. NFC East
4. AFC North
5. NFC North
6. AFC South
7. NFC West
8. AFC East

Brooks' Rankings 
1. NFC East
2. AFC West
3. NFC South
4. AFC South
5. NFC North
6. AFC North
7. NFC West
8. AFC East

Flea Flicker Rankings
1. AFC West
2. NFC South
3. NFC East
4. NFC North
5. AFC North
6. AFC South
7. NFC West
8. AFC East

It appears that I see the NFL's divisions much like Jeremiah. Only the two North's are flipped.

Despite having the NFC East at #3 I'm not as sold on the four teams from that division as Jeremiah and especially Brooks. Maybe I'm a little biased but I really wanted to rank the NFC North ahead of the NFC East. I didn't because of the Chicago Bears. I think that any of the four teams in the NFC East can take the division. I can't say that about the NFC North. I'd be surprised if the Bears don't have a top-5 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

The AFC South might not be one of the most talented divisions right now, although it appears to be heading in the right direction, but it could be one of the most interesting. And entertaining.

It's important to keep in mind that the NFL is so unpredictable. All of these rankings could look ridiculous before the upcoming season even gets into October.

No comments:

Post a Comment