Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Canton, Here I Come!

Cris Carter won't be the only person finally getting into Canton. The Flea Flicker will be there. I received my tickets to the 2013 Enshrinement Ceremony yesterday. This is a good year to make the trip. Not only is Carter finally getting his much deserved recognition but this is also the Golden Anniversary Reunion. The Hall of Fame is turning 50 this summer. Hard to believe. This reunion will be the largest gathering of football legends in one place at one time ever experienced. Great players from 91-year old Charley Trippi to Curtis Martin will be on hand. Eight of the Minnesota Vikings' 11 Hall of Famers will be there to welcome Cris Carter as #12. Chris Doleman, John Randle, Randall McDaniel, Gary Zimmerman, Carl Eller, Paul Krause, Ron Yary, and Bud Grant. I sure hope that Fran Tarkenton and Alan Page decide to be in Canton as well. This is going to be great.

I've been looking forward to visiting Canton, Ohio and the Pro Football Hall of Fame since I was a tiny football fan. No matter how much I wanted to be there, it just never came to be. Cris Carter's induction just became the perfect time to make it out there. I'll only be there for the weekend so I'll need to make another, more complete visit. Perhaps for Adrian Peterson's induction. He should be the Vikings first ever first ballot Hall of Famer but he still has a lot of football between now and then. I know that I'm going to need much more than a weekend to prowl the halls of the Hall. I'd love to get into those archives. Maybe I can use my visit in a month as recon for that next, much longer visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment