Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Congratulations San Francisco. Houston Too.

Congratulations to the San Francisco Bay Area on getting Super Bowl L. Any Super Bowl is a super get but getting the 50th game is pretty significant. I can't believe that we are approaching the 50th game. I remember when we were in single digits. The Minnesota Vikings were making a regular appearance way back then. We need to get back to those happy days. Super Bowl L will follow the San Francisco 49ers second season in their sparkling new stadium. I saw no doubt that the NFL would find a way to get a Super Bowl there soon after the new stadium opens and L was the next one up for grabs. Houston was awarded Super Bowl LI. Miami was in the running for both Super Bowls but the region really had little chance. South Beach is a frequent host of Super Bowls but Sun Life Stadium needs some renovations and they're not getting the public money to fund them. At least, the stadium isn't getting those renovations in time for the Super Bowls L and LI.

San Francisco, Santa Clara actually, is a perfect Super Bowl site for me. That's my part of the country. If the Vikings were to make it to Super Bowl L, I'm there. No hotel needed, no plane trip. Just the ticket to the game. That in itself is a chore and an expense but a more manageable one. Perhaps the NFL will be issuing the Flea Flicker media credentials by then. They should. I'm deserving. Otherwise, it's the lottery for me. I attended first round World Cup games in 1994. Exciting. I saw the United States play Brazil in the second round on the 4th of July. Very exciting. I was at the 2001 NCAA Final Four in Minneapolis. Very exciting. Attending those events can't touch attending a Super Bowl. Especially a Super Bowl with the Minnesota Vikings playing in it. Having that Super Bowl so close is the best chance that I have of actually being there. Unless, I finally get my media credentials.

Congratulations San Francisco, Santa Clara actually, and Houston on your Super Bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment