Sunday, October 14, 2012

Game Day

Cal took care of Washington St by a score of 31-17 in Pullman. I sure wish that I could have watched the game. Directv sucks! I actually like listening to Cal's radio broadcasting team of Joe Starkey and Mike Pawlawski but I really miss actually seeing the game. Directv sucks!

Keenan Allen had a great game. 11 catches for 166 yards. His 69-yard touchdown started the scoring and set the tone of the game in Cal's favor. I really like the way that Allen plays receiver. Very few receivers run with the ball as well as Allen.

Pretty much the best thing that Cal did was keep Washington St out of the end zone. The Cougars scored two touchdowns but could have scored much more with the way that they moved the ball. Cal bent but didn't break.

Cal now sits at 3-4 with the ridiculously scheduled Big Game up next. Come on! It's the middle of October and Cal is playing Stanford. That's messed up.

Go Bears! Beat Stanford!

Notre Dame and Stanford put on a show. Excellent defense. It sure looked like Stanford's Stefan Taylor scored that touchdown in overtime. Officials thought otherwise and Notre Dame won 20-13.

Irish linebacker Manti Te'o would look awesome in Vikings purple next year.

LSU Defensive end Barkevious Mingo has the best name ever.

Every time that I see South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore I come away even more impressed. I'm pretty impressed. He gained very little against the LSU defense but he had some of the best 2-yard runs that I've seen.

It's fun to watch South Carolina's Ace Sanders return punts.

Still with South Carolina. Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney has a very bright future. Only a sophomore, he dominates.

Fond memories flowed over me when I found the Army-Kent game on TV yesterday. I was catching passes from my brother on that very field several years ago. Perched on the Hudson River, Army's Michie Stadium is a beauty.

I love football in all of it's forms but I could not possibly care any less about the first BCS rankings unveiling. That organization is a disaster.

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson returns to the scene of the crime. His knee was thrashed in Washington last year. He's back this year. The Redskins should be very afraid.

Further proof that Jerry Jones has lost his mind. The Dallas Cowboys opened a Victoria's Secret Pink store inside Cowboys Stadium. Fercryinoutloud!

Sports Illustrated player's poll:
Who is the most underrated player in the league?

6% Justin Smith
5    Maurice Jones-Drew
5    Fred Jackson
4    Andre Johnson
4    Matt Forte

117 players received at least one vote while only Smith, Jones-Drew and Jackson were named ten or more votes. Now, it's real difficult to criticize how the players actually see themselves and the league. But seeing that Smith, Jones-Drew and Johnson are pretty much universally considered among the best in the league at their positions I don't really see how they can be considered underrated. Still, I always find it interesting to see the views of those that actually play the game.

"Nope. They're still using human beings."
     -Vikings defensive end Jared Allen when asked if teams were blocking him any different this year.

Andrew Luck's game-winning drive against the Green Bay Packers last week was amazing.

Here's to a healthy football Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment